Guitar Mic vs Guitar Mic B
What's the difference between your two mics for acoustic guitar?
Both mics are for temporary mounting on a sound hole. They sound the same, but they have different powering and connections:
- Phantom powered
- 8-foot cable from mic goes to an XLR connector
- Connects to a sound-system mixer or to an instrument amp that has phantom power
- Also connects to any phantom power supply, which connects to an instrument amp or mixer that lacks phantom power
Guitar Mic B:
- Battery powered. The battery lasts about one year.
- 8-foot cable from mic goes to a battery box that lies on the floor
- 1/4" phone jack connector in the battery box
- Connects by a guitar cord to an active direct box, instrument amp, or effects pedals